When I step onto my mat, the feeling of peace starts to settle in; nothing else matters now but this very moment. It has taken time and practice to bring me here, but now that I am, I feel whole, I feel complete, I am united with my body, my breath and my mind. I have been practicing yoga since 2004 and fell in love with it immediately. I am constantly amazed at all the benefits that yoga has to offer, overall creating a balanced life – not just physically, but mentally and emotionally. My passion for yoga led me to wanting to share it with others.
In 2009, I completed my Hatha Yoga Teacher certification plus Radiant Child Yoga and received my certification in Yoga Therapy in 2014. I continue to study by taking courses and workshops and I feel fortunate to teach Hatha (beginner- intermediate), Hot yoga, Flow, Prenatal, Parent/baby, Yin/Yang, Restorative, children/teens, Partner yoga and my very own Bliss Yoga!
I believe that Yoga can be practiced anywhere, anytime and by anyone; regardless of size, age, or mobility. Many of us feel that we can't, aren't able, haven't...etc. But yoga is not about flexibility or getting into that funky pose. It's about being in the moment, using our breath to create balance and awareness in ourselves.
Training & Workshops: * 2009 Certified Hatha Yoga Instructor (240+ hrs) with Kat Mills and Jamine Ackert Radiant Child Yoga Certification program (Level 1 and 2) with Tania Frechette
* 2011 Yin-tensive ~ Louise Sattler Restorative Yoga Teacher Training ~ Cyndi Lee The Healing Path of Yoga ~ Nischala Joy Devi Yoga for Back Pain Relief ~ Kelly McConigal, PhD Mind-Body Flow: Crafting a Therapeutic Vinyasa Practice ~ Bo Forbes, PhD Anatomic Yoga ~ Dr. Ray Long, MD, FRCSC.
* 2012 Anusara Yoga Therapy - Martin Kirk CranioSacral Techniques for Yoga Instructors - Nadine Saxton Teaching Yin Yoga - David Fife Thai Yoga Massage - Blake Martin Master Class Weekend with Ana Forrest
* 2013 Core Integration Immersion: Yoga Tune-up - Jill Miller Finding Balance: An Ayurvedic Yoga Practice - Madhuri Phillips Thai Yoga Bliss - Nicole Ablack-Ramkay & Paul Marrin HeartRise Yoga: Sharing Yoga with Children -Tamika Schilbe and Carolyn Jyoti Burke
* 2016 Master Class Weekend with Dr. Ray Long, MD - Anatomic Yoga
* 2017 Love Your Brain Yoga Teacher Training (www.loveyourbrain.com) Teaching Yoga & Mindfulness to Children - Victoria Lynes
Where you may have seen me: * Boomerang Kids Strollercise * Elizabeth Wyn Wood Highschool * Glebe Community Center (GCC) * Interval House Ottawa * Little Lotus Yoga * Mommefit Inc. * Onetooth Activewear Westboro * Ottawa Sport & Social Club (OSSC) * Ottawa Athletic Club (OAC) * Prana Shanti Yoga Studio *Private yoga classes on Parliament Hill * United Way Ottawa
Check out my events pagefor upcoming events and workshops! If you have any suggestions for a workshop that you would be interested in, let me know.